Journey into Sound Therapy


In 2012, I wrote a book on the healing power of music called Whole Music. This book was a companion to this blog which I launched in 2007 as a college assignment. Little did I know at the time that the blog would still be receiving traffic in 2022. Thank you for your return visits.

When I researched the topic of music and sound as therapy; and when I interviewed sound therapy experts and musicologists, I had no idea I would become a sound therapist myself. I thought of myself as a researcher and music journalist. I also didn't know that I would become a Reiki Master. The Divine knew though and led me on this path.

While the pandemic and the lockdowns were troublesome for many, I used that time to learn new skills even if I did it online. I suddenly had stimulus money and since I lived with my parents, I had no bills to pay. I enrolled in online Reiki, sound therapy, and other types of therapy classes. I spent $1.5K on sound healing tools, mainly tuning forks and flutes. And I wish I had purchased a mixing board and microphone. (I'm raising the money to purchase sound therapy equipment to give distance healings).

I have worked with the tuning forks every day (weighted and standard) as part of my self-Reiki. I have used the tuning forks, singing bowls, and Koshi Chimes on animals when I give them distance Reiki. I have also combined crystals with the sound therapy instruments. I can honestly say, adding sound therapy to my life (besides singing mantras along with recordings), has transformed my life.

I healed from narcissistic abuse, calmed anxiety, and people have even commented that I've become more peaceful and centered. My practice isn't perfect because I'm still learning but I'm fascinated with sacred geometry, sound therapy, and working with crystals as well as, working with Reiki.

Sound therapy tools are expensive but I believe that having a singing bowl or a tuning fork such as 528 hertz are helpful during these stressful times. For we are shifting on the planet and this isn't something that happens in every lifetime. We are as many spiritual teachers have claimed, living in unprecedented times. We can kick and scream our way through the changes or employ sound therapy and energy medicine to allow us to surrender to this Sacred Moment.

Thank you for you for spending time on my blog. Feel free to leave comments about your own musical or sound journey. I would love to know. 

At some point I will revamp and rename my book and find a traditional publisher for it. In the meantime, stay centered in peace and the most powerful mantra OM.

If you enjoy the research and articles on this blog, please support it. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre