Friday, January 27, 2012

Immune-boosting classical music

So many times I have read studies about depression lowering immune responses and happiness boosting immunity.  I believe this is true and I believe that the pleasure of listening to delightful music enhances are immunity.  I know when I feel rundown with a cold or other infections, I bring out my favorite classical pieces.  Here is a list of 10 I highly recommend. Try them, and I guarantee you will shorten your recovery time.


1. Prelude to the Afternoon of the Faun--Claude Debussy (French)

2. Clarinet Concerto in A major--W.A. Mozart (Austrian)

3. Exsultate Jubilate--Mozart

4. Rhapsody in Blue--George Gershwin (American)

5. The Grand Canyon Suites--Ferde Grofe (American)

6. Appalachian Spring--Aaron Copeland (American)

7. Six Brandenberg Concertos--J. S. Bach (German)


8. Piano Concerto in G major--Maurice Ravel (France)


9. The Fountains of Rome--Ottorino Respighi (Italy)


10. The Swan of Tuonela--Jean Sibelius (Finland)


If you need a huge boost try the movie soundtrack for The Sound of Music or listen to Judy Garland sing "Somewhere over the Rainbow" a few times.


If you feel anger and helplessness, then listen to Beethoven's 5th Symphony which will take you from despair to triumph, if you listen to its entirety.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Di yiu have somewhere to read about your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buen Dia MC,

    Very, very nice list!!

    Thanks for sharing... I will rock-it while on my Android during my next 5k at the gym.

    One fabulous piece by Pachelbel is his heavily lauded "Canon in D" - the harpsicord paired with the violas and violins are meditative and yet... the orchestral piece rises into a soothing crescendo. I completely adore it, especially when driving to complete my errands.

    Additionally, I am a fan of classical renditions by modern groups like Apocalyptica "Nothing Else Matters"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPaGE24vpio

    Coldplay "When I ruled the world"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGTJKbMlRvU&feature=fvst

    Have a pleasant day! ~N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm not familiar with some of the artists you mention,but Pachelbel's Cannon is probably "heavily lauded" because it is truly a healing piece of music.

    ReplyDelete