In Review--Voice of a Sanskrit Goddess

The Meditation Music of
Deva Premal
Into Silence

Sounds True

German classically trained vocalist Deva Premal has been gifted with one of the most beautiful, healing and soothing voices out there. Along with her partner, Miten and the who is who of Kirtan chant composers, Deva has entranced thousands of listeners, most of them devoted followers, with her perfectly calibrated vocals. Not only that she also contributes her training in various energy healing modalities.

Into Silence features some of her favorite work from CDs released during the decade of 1997 to 2007. She sings simple to pronounce Sanskrit chants (mainly) with Buddhist chants brought into the mix, such as Om Mani Padme Hum (Love is Space). She delivers each chant with reverence and grace.

This CD arrived to me on an incredibly stressful day--everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and not just for me. Fortunately, I kept this music on in the background while I attempted to solve problems and go about my business. To be honest, I don't think I could have stayed calm and centered without the help of this music, even after ingesting Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy!

The next day, I sang along with Deva and I found that singing the chants, not only helped me to breathe better (I am a vocalist), but assisted me with staying calm and centered. I found myself in a much better mood too. I was able to find peace and let go after listening to this CD a few times.

For those of you not already familiar with Deva Premal's work, might want to start with this recording. The booklet includes the words to the chants and interpretations. Whether you choose to sing along or just let the music permeate your home, you will be better off for it. I am guessing you will feel calm and centered. And we could all use a little peace at the moment.

Soundstrue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Peyote Songs & The Native American Church

The Practice--Treasure Hunt from the book Whole Music

Talking about Timbre