Monday, August 19, 2013

Fund Raiser (marketing budget for Whole Music Soul Food for the Mind body Spirit)

As some you know the book publishing industry has changed in the last decade.  I landed a contract with the independent cooperative publisher Synclectic Media for my book Whole Music (Soul Food for the Mind Body Spirit).  While the publisher graciously copy edited, formatted the book and designed the book cover, the authors handle the marketing and media promotion.  Even with bigger publishers, the author is taking on the marketing and promotion role.

This means that I need to raise $500 for my early marketing and promotion.   If only five people donate $100 through the PayPal button set up on the right side of the blog, I will have raised the money for postage, media copy books, envelopes, and stationary for press releases and flyers.  Anyone donating $100 or more will receive a free copy of Whole Music, but you can also donate lesser amounts and have your name mentioned on this blog and the Whole Music Experience website.

Other ways you can support the development of the book's marketing fund is by purchasing my romantic comic novel, Agnes and Yves at http://www.createspace.com/3713611

And of course, I encourage you to buy Whole Music for yourself, friends and colleagues since future royalties will help me to continue to promote the book, pay for travel expenses, and whatever it takes to get this book out into the world.

I am also available to teach workshops and give book lectures in western Washington.  Contact me at wholemusicexp at gmail.com to book me for a series or a workshop.

Thank you for your kind and generous support.

No comments:

Post a Comment