Friday, September 14, 2012

Update on the book Whole Music

First, I would like to thank all the wonderful people thus far who have taken the time to do e-mail interviews in the past few weeks for "Whole Music" which includes, Alessandra Belloni, Doug Cox, Michael Pilu Pang, Charlie McMahon, Angel Romero (World Music Central), Jonathan Goldman and Pandit Roop Verma.  Still waiting on responses from Kevin Yazzie for the indigenous music chapter and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt for the Subcontinent music chapter.

I started chapter five and I'm now exploring Gregorian chant, the chants of Hildegard von Bingen, and renaissance polyphony.  I will also include sacred polyphonic chants from Corsica in this chapter.  With chapter six, I'll focus on music between interspecies.

And I still need to find musicians to do full-length interviews (conversations) for several chapters.  I'm waiting for permission to re-use interviews from WME from two musicians.  I received permission from five other musicians to re-use interviews.  Thank you.  This book would be nothing without your music contributions and wisdom you give to the world.

A Hay House Radio intuitive told me to write three pages a day, to avoid writing an academic book and write to a 14-year old level.  While I'm writing three pages or more a day, I have no idea how to write to a 14 year old level since I don't know any 14 year olds and when I was 14, I would not have listened to Gregorian chants and world music.  I guess, I had better just write what I know, how I know it, and those who resonate with the message of the book, will pick it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment